DO you love a great read??? A good book??? Well, you have stopped by the right blog. Or rather the correct post. Here are my recommendations for your summer reading and my own reading list that should keep me busy for the next few months.
Read on and add me on Goodreads for more lists like this.
My recommendations for friends and family from my reading list last summer:
- Big Little Lies. Yes, the rumors are true. It’s as good as they say. This was one of the best books I have read in SO LONG. After you read this book watch the incredible HBO show that cast Nicole Kidman, Shailene Woodley, and Reese Witherspoon as the main characters.
- The Woman in Cabin 10. So good. At first, I wasn’t sure how I felt about the ending, but I still often think about this book so it is definitely worth a try. Ruth Ware is a great writer and crafted the perfect journalist-at-sea mystery (if there is such a thing).
- The Girl on the Train. I won’t say much about this book BUT if you haven’t read this thriller by Paula Hawkins it is definitely your turn! I read it last summer in one day and could not put it down. I am disappointed that Hawkins’ newest novel has such terrible reviews and so I will not be purchasing it.
- The Lake House. Another murder mystery that I loved. It also had a historical fiction component to it and a lil romance. If you like any of these things check this one out!
- Hidden Power: Presidential Marriages that Shaped History. One of my friends suggested this, and in an attempt to read more non fiction I at first reluctantly agreed to give it a shot. However, I was SO surprised that I loved this book. It’s almost like reality TV.
My own personal reading list for summer 2017!
- Everything, Everything. I am going to read this as soon as my book arrives, it was only $6 on Amazon Prime. Depending on how I like it I may also see the movie that is coming out soon!
- Milk and Honey. The most raved out poetry collection in the longest time, I still haven’t read it. I am going to check it out from my local library.
- The Luminaries. It’s been sitting on my self for a long time and I am finally going to finish it.
- The Romanov Sisters. If you were also fascinated with the story of Anastasia as a kid then this could be worth checking out. Got it for 99 cents on Amazon!
- Truly Madly Guilty.